Can I search for books from off-campus?
Can I search the Kean Catalog from home or other remote locations?
Last Updated: May 24, 2016 | 220 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Yes. Simply go to the Kean University Library home page, then click Books, E-books, Videos, & More to access the Kean Catalog.
- Type your keywords in the search box underneath Find This. As an alternative, you may type the title or author name in the search box, then select Author Browse or Title Begins with from the Find Results In box on the right.
- Limit your search results to particular types of records (such as, Main Collection books, Reference Collection books, Electronic Resource [for E-books], or U.S. Government Online Document) by selecting an option from the Limit Your Search menu.
- Click Search.
- Evaluate your search results.
- Make note of the Library Location designation for any titles of interest. For instance, a designation of Main Collection means that the book is a circulating title and can be checked out, while Reference Collection means that the book does not circulate. A designation of U.S. Government Online Document or Electronic Resource means that the item is available online. You may access the item online by clicking the title, then clicking the hyperlink next to the words Linked Resources. For many Electronic Resource (E-book) titles, you will need to login with your Kean Google email username and password in order to access the book online.
- Make note of the Call Number and Status for any Main Collection titles of interest. When a Main Collection book's Status specifies Available, this means that the book is not checked out. Circulating titles are located in the Main Collection on the second and third floors of the Kean University Library. You may check out Main Collection Books at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.