How do you set Google Scholar preferences to find materials in the Kean University's library?
"Google works with libraries to determine which journals and papers they've subscribed to electronically, and then links to articles from those sources when they're available. Once you tell [Google Scholar] what library you're a member of, [Google Scholar] will keep an eye out for that library's subscription materials and provide special links to them in your search results."
Links to Full Text@Kean University should automatically appear when you search Google Scholar from a computer on the Kean University campus.
If you do not see Full Text@Kean University links while searching Google Scholar from a laptop computer on-campus OR from an off-campus computer, then please follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Google Scholar at https://scholar.google.com.
- Click the menu link in the top left corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click Library links.
- Type the name of your library in the search box. For instance, type: Kean University
- Make sure the check box is selected next to Kean University - Full-Text@Kean University and Open WorldCat - Library Search.
- Click Save.
- Start searching.
- Check whether or not full text is available for an article by clicking Full-Text@Kean University (when the link appears). You may need to log in with your Kean Google user name and password (when prompted) to access the full-text article.