Answered By: Chrisler Pitts Last Updated: Jan 07, 2019 Views: 306
Reserve materials not available in electronic format are kept at the Circulation/Reserve Desk. The Circulation/Reserve Desk is the first counter in the main library area adjacent to the front door. Please note: The Circulation/Reserve Desk hours differ from the Library building hours.
You will need your Kean University Photo ID Card with your student identification number to access reserve materials kept at the Circulation/Reserve Desk.
You must also know your instructor's name and course number to obtain reserve materials.
Print reserve materials can be used typically for 2 hours at a time in the Library. Fines will be assessed if you do not bring back the reserve items in the allotted time period.
Follow the instructions listed below to access information regarding print course reserves:
- Click the Course Reserves link in the WorldCat Discovery box on the Nancy Thompson Library and Learning Commons home page.
- Type the course name or instructor in the search box.
- Click the search button.
- Click the course number and name to access information about the items the professor has placed on Course Reserves.
- See the Course Reserves checkout procedure in the box below.
Some reserve materials are available in electronic format. To access electronic reserve materials, follow the instructions listed below:
- Click the Research Guides link in the WorldCat Discovery box on the Nancy Thompson Library and Learning Commons home page.
- Locate the section labeled Looking for E-Reserves? on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Type your course number, name, or instructor in the Looking for E-Reserves? search box.
- Click Search.
- Select your course from the result list.
- Enter the password provided by your course instructor in order to access the E-Reserve item.
If you have any questions, please check with a Circulation Desk staff member.