Answered By: Craig Anderson Last Updated: Jan 07, 2019 Views: 173
The Nancy Thompson Library and Learning Commons no longer subscribes to the print version of the New York Times Index. However, the Library has two ProQuest databases that index and provide complete articles from the New York Times.
You may access these databases by taking the following steps:
- Go to the Library’s home page (http://libguides.kean.edu/Library).
- Click Databases A-Z (inside the WorldCat Discovery box) to access the Databases page.
- Click the All Subjects button or the All Database Types button toward the top of the screen, then scroll down and click Newspapers, which will lead you to a list of databases recommended for access to newspaper articles.
- Click one of the database names listed below to access and begin searching for articles from the New York Times:
- New York Times (ProQuest) -- collection of full-text articles published from the present day back to 1980.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times -- Digital image archive of the New York Times beginning in September 1851 and ending several years before the current year.
For additional assistance, please contact a reference librarian:
- Stop by the Reference Desk in the Nancy Thompson Library and Learning Commons during reference desk hours.
- Call (908) 737-4629 during reference desk hours and ask to speak to a reference librarian.
- Submit your question using a special E-mail form
- TXT your question to (908) 287-7629
- Tweet your question to @keanlibrary