Answered By: Craig Anderson Last Updated: Jan 07, 2019 Views: 1095
Thanks for your question! The database CINAHL with Full Text is a great option for locating articles that discuss how to critique nursing research. Please follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the Library’s home page (http://libguides.kean.edu/Library).
- Click Databases A-Z (inside the WorldCat Discovery box) to access the Databases page.
- Click the letter C on the alphabetical menu.
- Click CINAHL with Full Text (EBSCOhost).
- Type your key terms in the search box. Use the “and” operator to combine terms and retrieve items that contain all of the terms. Use the “or” operator to retrieve one or more of the grouped terms (not necessarily all of the grouped terms). Use the asterisk (*) as a truncation symbol after a word root to retrieve articles with the word root and all of its possible word endings. For example, type:
critiqu* and quantitative
critiqu* and qualitative
- Limit your results to articles reviewed or judged by scholars in the field (in other words, scholarly or peer reviewed articles) by selecting Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals under the Limit your results heading.
- Result: The first 10 retrieved article titles will be displayed. Browse the list for relevant articles. If the full-text article is available online for a specific item, you will see one or more of the following links immediately below the item: HTML Full Text, PDF Full Text, or Linked Full Text. Click one of these links to view the full-text article.
- E-mail the article you are currently viewing by clicking E-mail (envelope icon) located on the right-hand side of your screen.
- If full-text link options are not present, click Full Text Finder (when present) to check the availability of full-text for the article in other Kean University Library databases.
I hope that this helps! For additional assistance, please contact a reference librarian:
- Stop by the Reference Desk in the Nancy Thompson Library and Learning Commons during reference desk hours.
- Call (908) 737-4629 during reference desk hours and ask to speak to a reference librarian.
- Submit your question using a special E-mail form
- TXT your question to (908) 287-7629
- Tweet your question to @keanlibrary
Email Us: email@example.com