Answered By: Linda Cifelli Last Updated: Aug 01, 2019 Views: 387
Books not owned by the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons may be requested from another library through Interlibrary Loan. There are several options for you to request books through Interlibrary Loan.
The first option is available to you while you are searching for books through the Search Resources box on the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons home page at http://libguides.kean.edu/Library). Sometimes your search results will include records for books that are NOT designated as being Held by: Kean University Nancy Thompson Library. If you are interested in accessing any of these non-Kean books, then follow the steps listed below:
- Click the book's title on the search results list.
- Click the blue Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button.
- Fill out and submit the form.
A second option is also available for requesting books and book chapters through Interlibrary Loan:
- Go to the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons home page at http://libguides.kean.edu/Library.
- Click the Our Services link toward the top of the screen, then click Interlibrary Loan.
- Select either Book Request Form or Book Chapter Request Form.
- Fill out the form, then click Submit at the bottom of the form.
In either case, you will be notified by e-mail when the Interlibrary Loan book is ready to be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons. Books must be returned to the Circulation Desk by the due date specified by the lending library. If you have requested a specific book chapter, then a photocopy of that chapter will be emailed to you.
Kean-Ocean patrons may use the Ocean County College interlibrary loan service to request books not owned by either the Kean or Ocean County College library.
Please note: you may also borrow books in person from other New Jersey academic libraries. Click the link below for VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program for information, access to the application form, and links to VALE member library catalogs.