How to use LibAnswers
LibAnswers is an FAQ service that enables library patrons to search for answers to their questions in the Answer Bank. LibAnswers also serves as a bridge to other options for requesting help from a librarian.
Step 1: Either type your question or keyword(s) (in English or Spanish) in the box above and hit Ask Us OR click a topic from the Topics box on the right.
Step 2: See if the answer to your question is in our Answer Bank. If not, try one of the following options.
For Research Questions…
If you need help with a research question (such as, “How can I find scholarly journal articles on immigration and education” or “Where would I find statistics on unemployment in New Jersey?”) and you don’t find your answer in the Answer Bank, then:
- submit your question using this special e-mail form and receive a reply within 24 hours. We may call you for more information or ask that you visit the library for in-depth assistance. PLEASE NOTE: this email option is only available during library hours.
- consult with a librarian by visiting the reference desk during library hours.
- call during library hours and ask to speak to a reference librarian at 908-737-4629908-737-4629 .
For Basic or Directional Questions…
If you need help with a basic library question (such as, “Does the library have the book called Careers in Accounting? or “Can you recommend a database that would provide encyclopedia articles for criminal justice topics?”) and you don’t find your answer in the Answer Bank, then:
- submit your question using the yellow email form that pops up after you submit your question or keyword(s) using the LibAnswers search form. PLEASE NOTE: this email option is only available during library hours.
- TXT your question to the phone number provided in the box to the right. PLEASE NOTE: the TXT option allows for only very brief responses. Please include your email address with your question, so we can send longer answers by email, if necessary. This email option is only available during library hours.
- get live help using the chat box at right (when it says the librarian is online)
Browse Lists of Recommended Research Resources
If you need help with selecting relevant books, databases, and Web sites for your research topic, then browse our Library Research Guides (arranged alphabetically and by subject).
Additional Library Services:
Add the Kean University Library Facebook Page to your friends' list
Follow @KeanLibrary on Twitter