Answered By: Linda Cifelli Last Updated: Aug 01, 2019 Views: 255
Yes. The children's books are shelved in the Juvenile Collection on the third floor of the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons.
The Juvenile Collection includes picture books, easy books, biographies, series, fiction, and non-fiction for preschool to grade 12. This collection is shelved according to the Dewey Decimal system.
Use the following steps to search for juvenile books, e-books, and more:
- Go to the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons home page located at http://libguides.kean.edu/Library.
- Locate the Search Resources box, then type your title, author, or key words in the search window and select the resource type (Everything, Books, Articles, or Videos).
- Click Search.
- Browse the search results list. Records for available items will indicate Held by: Kean University Nancy Thompson Library and will indicate access options like the ones listed below:
- Available Nancy Thompson Library Juvenile Collection (print book – note Call Number)
- View eBook (electronic book)
- Available Nancy Thompson Library Main Collection (print book – note Call Number)
- Available Nancy Thompson Library Reference Collection (print book – note Call Number)
- When you click View eBook while off-campus (and sometimes while on-campus), you will need to login with your Kean Google email username and password (when prompted).
- Please note: Look for the Search Tools column to the left of your search results list, where you will see many options for limiting your search results, including Content (Full Text or Peer Reviewed), Format (such as, Article, Chapter, Print book, eBook, etc.), Year, and Language.
- Also in the Search Tools column, you may click the checkbox next to Kean University Nancy Thompson Library to limit your results to items held by our library. If you do not click this checkbox, you may discover items held by other libraries, but not by Kean University. If you are interested in accessing any of these non-Kean items, click the item’s title, click the Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button, then fill out and submit the form.