Answered By: Chrisler Pitts Last Updated: Aug 08, 2019 Views: 317
Reserve materials not available in electronic format are kept at the Circulation/Reserve Desk. The Circulation/Reserve Desk is the first desk in the main library area adjacent to the front door. Please note: the Circulation/Reserve Desk hours differ from the Library building hours.
You will need your Kean University Photo ID Card with your student identification number to access reserve materials kept at the Circulation/Reserve Desk.
You must also know your instructor's name and course number to obtain reserve materials.
Print reserve materials can be used typically for 2 hours at a time in the Library. Fines will be assessed if you do not bring back the reserve items in the allotted time period.
Follow the instructions listed below to access information regarding print course reserves:
- Click the Course Reserves link (below the Search Resources box) on the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons website.
- Type the course name or instructor's name in the search box.
- Click the search button.
- Click the course number and name to access information about the items the professor has placed on reserve.
- Some reserve materials are available in electronic format. To access electronic reserve materials, follow the instructions listed below:
- Click the Research Guides link (below the Search Resources box) on the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons home page.
- Locate the section labeled Looking for E-Reserves? on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Type your course number, name, or instructor's name in the Looking for E-Reserves? search box.
- Click Search.
- Select your course from the result list.
- Enter the password (provided by your course instructor) to access the E-Reserve item.
If you have any questions, please check with a Circulation Desk staff member.