Answered By: Chrisler Pitts Last Updated: Aug 07, 2019 Views: 185
Follow the steps listed below to find books in the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons (NTLC).
- Go to the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons website located at http://libguides.kean.edu/Library.
- Locate the Search Resources box, then type your key words in the search window and select the resource type (Everything, Books, Articles, or Videos).
- Click Search.
- Browse the search results list. Records for available items will indicate Held by: Kean University Nancy Thompson Library and will indicate access options like the ones listed below:
- View eBook (electronic book)
- Available Nancy Thompson Library Main Collection (print book – note Call Number)
- Available Nancy Thompson Library Reference Collection (print book – note Call Number)
- Available Nancy Thompson Library Juvenile Collection (print book – note Call Number)
- Access full text (full-text periodical article, available online)
- View now (online streaming video)
- Access journal (journal homepage in a library database)
- Listen to audio (online streaming music)
- Access online (freely available website)
- When you click View eBook, Access full text, View now, Access journal, or Listen to audio while off-campus, you will need to login with your Kean Google email username and password (when prompted).
- Please note: Look for the Search Tools column to the left of your WorldCat search results list, where you will see many options for limiting your search results, including Content (Full Text or Peer Reviewed), Format (such as, Article, Chapter, Print book, eBook, etc.), Year, and Language.
- Also in the Search Tools column, you may click the checkbox next to Kean University Nancy Thompson Library to limit your results to items held by our library. If you do not click this checkbox, you may discover items held by other libraries, but not by Kean University. If you are interested in accessing any of these non-Kean items, click the item’s title, click the Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button, then fill out and submit the form.
If you need help navigating WorldCat Discovery, please stop by the Reference Desk and a librarian will assist you.
Note: Main Collection books are located on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the Nancy Thompson Library Learning Commons. The call number ranges are listed below.
If you have any questions, stop by the Reference Desk and a librarian will help you.